To download a demo version of the Ice Cube Scalper advisor, find it on the “Market” tab of your MetaTrader terminal and click the “Download Demo” button:
HOW TO RUN A TEST
WHAT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHEN TESTING
When testing, you need to understand what the end of the testing history is, when you observe the so-called “Poker” at the moment when you run out of history for testing and the advisor has an unfinished series of transactions, then all transactions will be closed on the last day of the history without waiting for the closure according to the strategy, so you will see a loss, but in reality, these transactions could simply close in profit if the market pulls back.
HOW TO MANAGE RISK IN AN ADVISER
The most adequate risk management strategy is to understand the range of price movement and your risk limit as a percentage of the account for a situation where you believe that there will be no rollback.
But in most cases, a rollback occurs and with “Topping Up” you will most likely exit the transaction with a profit without incurring a loss.
However, you can adjust the risk in the advisor in the following way:
- set a limit time for a trading series
- set the risk as a percentage of the account per series
- set a limit on the number of averaging laps
- set the maximum number of open orders for other trading pairs
- limit trading by time and day of the week
- disable martingale in advisors
The main thing you need to accept is that there is no profit without risk!
On my accounts I set a limit risk of 30% of the account, this is in case of force majeure situations. In some cases, I top up the account in order to survive the drawdown; everything is individual.
It is also very important to calculate the starting lot:
- aggressive option 0.01 for every $500
- moderate risk 0.01 for every $1000
- conservative risk 0.01 for every $2500